Friday, November 19, 2010

Don't touch my meatloaf!

I have been tight for days and downing a lot of liquids. I am feeling great today and I want real food. 

I have been playing around with my meatloaf recently and I came up with something that is just to die for.  I always make extra so that I have a good high-protein food in my fridge.  And every time I make the meatloaf, my kids eat the leftovers before I can.  

So today... I am being incredibly indulgent.  I am making an entire meatloaf just for me.  Husband is off working on our house.  All the daughters are in school and I am home ALL ALONE.  

I tried a trick that I got from a Pampered Chef consultant...... I am cooking my meatloaf in my stoneware muffin pan.  So, it is a good way to season my pan and I get little mini portions that I can heat up one at a time. I can not wait. 

And yes, dear sweet daughters will be told --- "Don't touch my meatloaf!"

4 comments:

  1. Hiya! I am new!! I bought these mini loaf pans for just that reason! But I have yet to do it!! Perhaps I'll try it tonight! Looking forward to getting to know you! I am not banded yet..but I am hoping to be in three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda... did you try out your pans? How did it work out? I am so excited... I now have 7 tiny little "meat muffins" (that almost sounds wrong, lol!!!!!) in the freezer for a day when I need the protein.

    I am excited for you to get banded -- I know it was the best thing I ever did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hysterical. I was staying at my parents' house for about a month after surgery and had these same issues./ Now that I am back to being all alone in my apt, I don't have to threaten anyone but myself...

    I am making mini meatloafs tonight, too! Gonna put them in the freezer so i always have some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had my band done 6 months back but cant eat meat, bread or much ....actually..wondering if my bad is too tight?! - love the control though.
    Lost 16kg since then, going slow now. Alcohol is my down fall :/

    ReplyDelete