Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Sappy Valentine's Day!!

I have a bazillion things to do today... leaving Thursday to go on vacation.  But, I still went to the gym, and I had such a very nice workout that my legs were shaking when I got home.  Yeah me!!  And even better......

There is this guy who works out at the gym. Well, he worked out a lot last winter.  And has just returned in the last week.  He is an older man, but always friendly, always has a smile, and even if he never says a word, he is still so supportive, if that makes sense.  Well, today, I got to the gym and he was on one of the weight machines -- I had to walk right past him to get to my friend the elliptical.  Only today -- he stopped me -- he noticed that I have lost tons of weight since he saw me last and said I looked great -- to keep up the good work. 

Sometimes, I get so caught up in the day to day struggle to notice my successes.... they are so small these days that they are easy to miss. It just felt so good to have someone else do the noticing for me today.  So.... pay attention.  Every time you notice even tiny changes and can say something nice to someone, it does such big things!

Speaking of that......It has been a long month for me, and several of you have been so supportive -- just want you to know -- I noticed!!  Thank you so so much! I am at long last starting to pick my head up off the ground. 

Donut Butt....... (OMG I HATE calling you that!!)  ... thank you for Friday.  I needed that so bad.  And Saturday would have been even better, I am sure, but that Marine of mine was having a pretty good day and I just wanted to be with him.  We need more of those good days, KWIM??

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.  I hope you have a super special day!!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing for that man to say! It really does make for a great day!! Have fun doing your bazzillion things girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your workout!! When my legs are noodley when I get home I know they are going to hurt the next day, but it's a good hurt :)

    I am so glad you and the hubby had a good day Saturday....you really needed that!!

    We had an amazing time Friday night...can't wait to do it again!!And since you're not really that far away we can get together more often :)

    ReplyDelete