Friday, February 4, 2011

Lapband and flight

I am looking forward to the drive to the Big City.  I might even pack my laptop in case the sun is shining, so I can enjoy the city for a little longer. 

I am not looking forward to the weigh-in.  So much stress in the last few weeks and I have been PIGGING OUT.  Even after the last fill. But, I have a tendency to get tight with stress, so I have been super cautious with fills. But hey, I am not losing weight at this point, so really, I need this.  Even if I am tight.  



Silly thing is.... I may need an unfill in 2 weeks.... I am flying across the country to visit family for 10 days. My nurse, who also has the band -- ge4ts tight when she flies.  I am curious to know what everyone else's experiences have been with that.... I don't want to be throwing up for 10 days of vacation, nor do I want to be on liquids .... first time eating real southern food.... I would like to at least be able to taste it!

6 comments:

  1. Let me know how the flying is! This tight thing is so new to me. I have a hard time figuring out HOW I feel! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, haha, some days I don't know how I feel either!!! We have good days. We have bad days (yesterday!)

    And yes, I will have to blog all about my vacation. It is a food lover's dream, even with a Lapband! :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My understanding is that air travel can cause tightness for some people. I assume it is similar to how some people get swollen feet when they fly. Not everyone has issues and it usually only lasts a day or two so if you are going to be there for 10 days you should be good. Just be really careful while you are traveling and during the first few days.

    But you may also want to wait until after the trip for the fill to avoid any potential issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the fill... I can't gain 10 pounds right before I have to face the ex-wife thing, lol!! But, my nurses are awesome... they said if I am concerned, then I can go have fluid removed right before I leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I flew to Chicago I didn't notice a difference at all. I can't wait to hear about the trip :)

    ReplyDelete