Sunday, February 20, 2011

Me 'n my insecurities, soakin' up the sun

I am on vacation this week all the way across the country from my home.  It is almost like summer time here and it just feels so damn good to sit on the front step and soak up the sun.

And then again, I am sitting on a front step about a mile away from the ex-wife.  It hasn't been bad...... I haven't even seen her.  She could easily bring the Son over here and step inside to visit, but she never has.  Good on her. 

Husband took us out this afternoon to see where he used to work... and he took us out to lunch.  There is a marina near his former workplace and it was beautiful.  I would have been quite happy to spend the day there.

We just got back a little while ago, and I took everything in the house after shopping.  When I got into the room I have been sharing with my husband, I noticed my step-daughter was in there while we were gone.  This room is normally her craft room.  She had opened up a cabinet, and she left out a photo of her mom and her dad together.  In some way, it felt like a smack in the face..... like a reminder that I will never be the person her mother was.  I will always be second best. (Maybe when husband gets over his little freak-out and can tell me he loves me??? Gee, that might help.)

Geeesh, when in the HELL am I going to get over stupid stuff like that?? It sure does me no favors.  

On the Lap-band note, when I went out to dinner today, I actually had to make the mad dash to the restroom.... my band was having a bitch day (or maybe I ate too fast... or it might have been the bread, too) and I PB'd a bit... not too bad though.  Man, it has been a long time since that happened!! Hopefully, it was an isolated incident. 

All in all, it really has been a lovely little trip we are taking and I am so glad to be here.  But you know how it is to stay in someone else's house... it is hard to fill the idle time. And there has been a lot of it.  Lucky me, I can do my work from anywhere, so I think I am going to work for a couple hours tomorrow if I can get a strong enough signal on my cell phone to make some phone calls. 

Hope you all are doing well... I haven't been reading blogs for a few days, so I have much to catch up on.  BUt I hear it is supposed to be stormy again, so today..... It is all about the sunshine.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment