Monday, February 7, 2011

Jiggley Wiggley Boobies

I should have just known that today's trip to the gym was going to be an adventure.  I mean, the MP3 player is a vital tool and does no good at all when it lies forgotten on the floor next to my bed. I got the kids to school on time, but forgot the tunes.  Go figure.  Happy Freakin' Monday.  

True to my morning ritual, I got on the scale very first thing.  I was horrified when the little slider didn't even budge when placed on the usual number, so I moved it to the right, and then I moved it to the right again.  UP 8 POUNDS!!!!!    But then again, the girls have been quite sore for a couple days, so I am certain it is a hormone thing, and it will go away in a week or so.  Take a deep breath, and just get on the damn elliptical, Bones!

So, I start my workout and I am just getting in a groove, although it isn't a great groove.  I just have a hard time getting into it without some Aerosmith.  Or Metallica.  Or Mark Knopfler.  Even so, my legs were indeed moving.  

The fact that my ears were not plugged with headphones must have made this woman feel like that was an open invitation to offer her advice to me. Can you believe.... she came right up to me and suggested I go over to Shopko and buy me a nice sports bra  .... she even said that they are most effective when worn over your regular bra. 

Now you have to know, even with PMS bloating and swelling, I do not have much in the way of boobs.  In fact, I am small enough that 100 pounds ago, I would have told you they were just another roll of fat. Now, they are a 38 small C and pretty squishy.  And yes, because they are sore, I could feel the movement more than usual.  But overall....... my boobs don't bounce that much!!!!!!!!!!  Or do they? But still.....  I am amazed that this woman had the nerve to approach a total stranger about her BOOBS! And the woman didn't go away even when I started coughing (I am getting a cold I think.) and then she say that I didn't have a water jug and she started preaching on me about water.  BAH!!!!!!!   I did finally tell her (politely, damn me!) that I have been doing this for a long time and I know what works for me. And yes, she finally went away.

I was barely able to feel relief in her departure when another lady got on the elliptical next me.  I have seen her before and I HATE working out next to her.  She is the one who sprays down the equipment BEFORE she gets on, and she sprays so heavy that the asthmatic next to her coughs and chokes because of the bleach in the air.  And then, she works out like a maniac.  I seriously thought the her machine was going to start spitting nuts and bolts this morning. 

At that point, I decidedly that cutting my workout short by three minutes was not a bad idea at all.  I have never been so glad to be finished and get the hell out of there.  And now, me and my jiggley boobs are going to get in the shower


And I just have to say, when I go get in the shower, I am so happy I will be the only one looking at my boobs when my bra hits the floor.r.


4 comments:

  1. At least the boob lady didn't approach you about them in the shower...now THAT would have been awkward! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? REALLY? The gall of some people is UNBELIEVABLE!! Had it been me, that early on a Monday morning, the bra lady would have gotten a piece of my mind.

    We have so much to talk about...can't wait to see you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always shocked at comments people are brave enough to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cheeky cow! I can't believe some people!

    ReplyDelete