Friday, January 28, 2011

Me and GYM

I am sitting here in my cozy warm bed, knowing that in about two minutes, I have to get up and take these little girls to school.  And when I do, I have to stop by the gym.... partly because it would just be wrong to drive by and NOT stop.... and partly because I am actually getting my groove back.  

I have been to the gym every day this week, working on that elliptical.  Last week was so hit and miss, usually barely 20 minutes.  But Monday, I was reading a really interesting article and before I knew it, I was at 30 minutes.  Tuesday was 40 minutes.  After that, I just couldn't settle for less than 30.   I am not yet consistent with the rate of incline, so that will be next week's goal.  And the week after that, I will add in the weight training.

I thought about going to the Big City for a fill today, but gas money is an issue, so I think I will go over the house.  I can hang insulation today while my husband works on the wiring. Time with him is so calming and so HEALING.... it feels good.  I think working on that house just could actually bring us together instead of drive us apart, if we do it right.  :)

So, not a lazy Friday......but it will do. 

The courthouse bells are chiming..... I guess it is time for me to face the day.  (But my bed is so WARM!!!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day to me! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete