Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Do I have chocolate on my breath?

It is now 7:43 a.m. and yes indeedy, there is chocolate on my breath.  I have fallen so far off my little path it is trully pathetic. I need to get back on. I need to go for a fill.  I need to stop the insanity.  

CONFESSION:  I ate five bars of chocolate yesterday.   A (large) Hershey bar, a  (large) Symphony Bar, a Cadbury Fruit and Nut Bar, and two (regular size) cookies 'n cream bars.   And another large Hershey bar for breakfast this morning.  

My sugar addiction has taken over again.  It is the one thing I dislike about the holidays.

Life has gone back to "normal"... husband is back to work on our house, kids are back in school, Christmas has been packed up in boxes and returned to the garage.   But I have not gone back to normal. I have not been eating normally, I have not been going to the gym.  And I have been ODing on junk food at every opportunity. 

I seriously need to go for a fill, but really, I am just afraid to get on the scale and see what the damage is.  

I am afraid of going back to puking my guts up all the time.  (I have been eating so good, in fact, that I think it is safe to say, my band has not slipped!)

And I am afraid of gaining 90+ pounds back if I don't get back to business. 

I wish I had  someone to hold my hand and drag my fat behind to the gym for the next two weeks.  This is when I really need those support groups held by my clinic.  But dang that is a drive! And in the winter besides.

And while I am sitting here knowing where I need to go, I am fighting a monster craving... must. have. cookies 'n cream bar.   Man, am I in big trouble or what?????

3 comments:

  1. I've had periods of doing the same thing, its so hard once you start. Try and draw a line under it and throw away the bad stuff if you can bear too.

    I'll be happy to virtually hold you hand! If you go to the gym I'll go too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison -- you are so so sweet. I went to the gym today for 15 minutes. It is a start. Now the challenge will be to eat right the rest of the day. I don't have a lot of restriction right now, so it is really a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget that your body experiences very specific things when you eat sugar. Initially you experience a euphoric rise in blood sugar. A high, if you will. Not long after you are finished, however, your blood sugar plummets, causing you to experience cravings in an effort to regulate the level. This is a physiological reaction. It isn't because you're weak or out of control. Once you get past the initial cravings, you'll find that it isn't so difficult to resist the urge to eat candy and sweets. I am confident that you can do it! Also if you need a fill, don't let your fear of the scale keep you from making the appointment. Go ahead and call today and set it up. It will be okay.

    ReplyDelete