Thursday, December 30, 2010

I am going to have a come-apart!!!!!!!!!

On Tuesday, I was in desperate need of a long hot bubble bath, but I got called to do a newspaper story, so I spent the afternoon working, and my opportunity was lost. 

So yesterday, I REALLY needed that hot bath. Not to mention the greasy hair, hairy legs and other "ewwwww" factors.  Instead, I got 2 minutes in an ankle-deep tub of cold water. Skip the hair and wash what I have to.... because my daughter got the luxury of a long, leisurely hot shower. 

Therefore TODAY........ I told her in no uncertain terms that mom gets the bathroom first. PERIOD. 

But if you think I am freshly bathed and relaxed, think again!!! 

It takes a long time for the hot water to actually get hot and get up the stairs to my tub, so you usually have to start it and give it time to heat.  Which I did.  And then I put in a few pumps of Lavender and Chamomile bubble bath that my step-daughter sent me for Christmas.  And then I waited for my tub to fill so I could sink into a hot tub of goodness. 
Well, that won't be happening. 

Because yours truly failed to flip the switch to plug the drain.  And while I was waiting for my tub to fill, all of that hot water went right down the effing drain.

I am not sure what makes me more angry -- that once again I am gypped of my bubble bath, (I really do have things I should be working on, not lounging in the tub all day long!) or that this time it is my own damn fault... can't even blame the teenager this time.

I JUST WANTED A HOT BATH.... IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!? 

5 comments:

  1. You poor thing, I'd be so cross with myself. Really hope that you get that bath soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I mean really your are a poor thing! I am a bubble bath girl majorly! I hope you get a bath soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, someone really doesn't want you to have that bath :o) Maybe try again and tell no-one about it at home so that it can't be sabotaged again.

    Good luck and have a great New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man that sucks! Tomorrow is the day for you!!

    ReplyDelete