Thursday, December 9, 2010

Relief!!

I decided I needed something a little more positive to show at the top of my page, so I thought I would mention that the unfill on Monday has brought much relief.  I feel so much better!

Of course, I am still really concerned about a slipped band, so I have been very super careful..... I stayed on liquids Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and I only added in some mushies yesterday.  I just CANNOT be spending so much time with the Porcelain Throne. 

Also on a more positive note, I have been doing some writing this week.  I love my job as a journalist so much, but there is little work where I am at. So, instead of working full time, I work part-time, from home, a little here and a little there. Honestly, it is the best of both worlds and I should be happy, but I love the job so much that it is frustrating to me when I am not writing.  So anytime I have stories published, it is a good day. 

Otherwise, I have been fighting a cold.  I have crappy lungs that love a good case of bronchitis, so at the first sign of a cold, I have to really watch it.  So, this week, I have not been going to the gym.  I have been resting a lot. taking a lot of Airborne and being very diligent about my Advair.  (Please hold while I take a puff now, come to think of it. )  Yesterday, I grabbed a book and filled the tub with hot water and my favorite smelly bath salts.  They always say to get plenty of liquids, right?  I think three hours in the tub ought to do the trick.  I didn't mean to...... but the book I was reading was SO good!!!

In fact, so good that I am going to cozy up in my bed and read the morning away.  It has been ages since I finished an entire book in a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment