Monday, December 13, 2010

Indulgence Avoidance -- 12 days and two pounds.

I am laying around in bed with my laptop this morning, reading blogs from the weekend.  Band-Babe had a very good question.

Holiday hell, our neighbor just brought over homemade chocolates- and if my family doesn't eat them fast enough, they will be going into the garbage can. I'd rather waste food, than waste my life fat. Definitely the better choice for me. I'm trying to put together a holiday indulgence avoidance strategy. I allowed myself to do whatever at Thanksgiving, but with very little restriction right now, that's probably not the best idea. I probably won't go for a fill until January, so this will mostly be up to me. The indulgence avoidance strategy is an entire post in itself. Do you have one?
Twelve Days til Christmas and I do not have a plan.  
Not only that, but I am Two Pounds Away from 100 pound weightloss.  

And it had never crossed my mind to come up with a plan.  

 I have less restriction now than I have had for a while.  In this last seven days, I have just been so thankful to eat without being sick and hurting.  Two pounds in 4 weeks should be SO EASY.  And yet I know it will be the hardest two pounds I have lost. Even if I had a plan and followed it to a tee. 


So, week one is behind me. I have been sick, so I have not been going to the gym.  Eating has been OK, although I couldn't tell you what I have been eating.  

Week two begins today.  I am still sick... have a nice little respiratory bug that, when mixed with asthma, makes it so I don't perform well at the gym.  So, probably no gym this week either.  Which means I must be extra good about calories.   Calories and protein.  Pay attention.  

Week three will end on Christmas Day.  Hopefully, I will be back at the gym this week.  I am sure I will be back down to 20 minutes on the elliptical, and I will have to work hard to get up to 30 by Christmas Eve.

And then week four... the week after Christmas.  With weigh-in around the corner, and two weeks away from the gym, I will need to work so hard to get the results I want.  I have been saying for months now that I need to resume weight training.  I guess now is the time.  

This doesn't totally address the food, although it isn't the Christmas dinners that bother me -- it is the cookies and the candy!! What I do know is that I must make room for SOME or I will totally binge. 

But, like Band-Babe , I can say there will be a lot of junk to hit the trash.  If I am going to indulge, it will be on only the best..... Mom's homemade caramels or Grandma's raisin cookies.  If it is store bought, I don't need it. The silly things the neighbor's bring ..... to be determined.  I have new neighbors this Christmas so I dont know that there is anything I just have to have.







Oh yeah.  And maybe I should tattoo the words TWO POUNDS on my forehead.

3 comments:

  1. Two lbs. from 100! That's so cool!

    I feel your holiday pain! This time of the year is hard!

    At holiday meals, I don't eat until the actual meal. I don't have any of the snacks before-hand. When there are treats and desserts around at work or wherever, I typically just avoid them. I usually have two servings of dessert on weekends so if there is a special treat that I want, I go ahead and have it, even if I have to save it until the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... do you live in Utah? Honestly? How'd I miss that? I'm in WJ. Where are you?

    We can celebrate our 100 lb success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes.... I live an hour away of SLC :)

    ReplyDelete