Friday, December 10, 2010

Need your advice

I have been sick for a week now and the ick is moving into my lungs.  My asthma will not like that much.  I am headed to see the doctor now.  The last two times I have been on antibiotics, I was given HUGE ones.  

The first were in capsule form and I tried to open and take with something else -- nasty and a pain.  

Last time, I got very large tablets.  Even when I cut them in half, I could only take 1/2 at a time. 

Needless to say, I did not finish my antibiotics either time. 

But this time, if I have stuff in my lungs, I HAVE to finish every last one of them, if not two rounds or I will be sick for weeks. 

So.... any ideas?  The Z-pac isnt too bad and  may be able to request that. (My doc is out for the weekend, and I am seeing a different doc than normal, so I am not sure.)  All my other meds are liquid and I do OK with them. 

I will be back soon -- ready for a nap!

2 comments:

  1. Can you get liquid antibiotics? I know they make them for kids. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should call the pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist on duty. They have great advice when it comes to versions offered of meds and you can go to your doc and let them know you need liquid or SMALL pills and the ones that are available are [whatever the pharmacist says is available].

    ReplyDelete