Monday, December 6, 2010

Crap...... now what?

Well. 

My appointment today was good.... but also potentially bad. 

The good news....... actual weigh-in was 213 pounds.  The gym scale gives me an idea of what is happening.  But this one is the one I have to go by.  I was 216 on November 15.  So, down three pounds. Haha, it doesn't sound as cool as 6 pounds on the gym scale.  But...... there is water weight and all that blah blah blah.  So.... that leaves me TWO POUNDS AWAY from 100 pounds lost.  

The bad news.... my nurse Vivienne thinks I have the beginning of a slip.  With all of the up and down, too tight, fill/unfill...... she is getting concerned.  So, we took out .75 cc today, leaving only 1 cc in for now.  If that doesn't do it, we take it ALL out.  She said sometimes that will be enough to correct a slip.  But it things don't improve alot, them I am looking at a barium swallow and x-rays.   Yuck.  

My biggest worry is the requirement for another surgery. Financially -- that scares me.  Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with a slipped band?  

If all goes well... I will not be going back to the Big City until the first of next year.  I just want to get through the holidays.  And even if I do not have enough restriction...... I don't want any potential for issues.  

If I was to look through my rose colored glasses, I would like to think I can lose two measly pounds  in a month.  But, it is Christmas.  But if I have a slip... well, then, who the hell knows.  

I am still on liquids for a couple more days, then mushies.... have to baby this poor tummy along.  Because I really do not want another surgery. Too bad they can't do a tummy tuck along with fixing the band.  It's just about time!

1 comment: