Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oh, the irony!!

As if I haven't eaten enough pie in the last 4 days. 

My stepdaughter recently held a Pampered Chef party to show off her new home.  Of course, I couldn't be there because she lives in another state. But... thanks to the internet, I can still spend money, right? I did. :)

So today, the doorbell range and the Fabulous Fed-ex man left a box on my step today.  

Inside the box, buried beneath layers of brown paper was another box.  And inside this smaller box is my new prize.....

..............A brand-new Cranberry Deep-Dish Pie Plate. 

How amazingly ironic is that?  

I guess if I was good, I would find a new recipe for a nice, savory pot pie for dinner.  But really, the pecans in my freezer are calling my name.  So, I will be a good band girl.  My pretty new pie plate will go back in the box so that it can be stored in my kitchen in the garage, where it will sit an collect dust untiI can move into my brand new kitchen in the Big House. Next year.

Unless of course, the stress takes over and makes me want pie. :)

PS.  The lemon meringue pie is gone now.
.

3 comments:

  1. Ohh they have a great baking pan and I really want one of their pizza stones..

    mmm and lemon meringue is so gooD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried the pie plate, I have the magic chopper which is the most essential piece of equipment in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stoneware. I actually use the pie plate most for Hash Brown Potato Pie, one of my kids' favorite dinners. The eggs in it just cook so much better in the stoneware than in a regular glass casserole dish.

    My favorite and most used piece is the tiny spatula. And... the 1 cup prep bowls are the perfect size for a meal after getting banded. And they come with lids, even better!

    ReplyDelete